We are committed to supporting families and individuals who make their living serving others in the community.
As part of this commitment, VHDA and FHLB offer a unique financial opportunity for eligible homebuyers such as law enforcement officers, public school educators, firefighters, and other first responders, who are purchasing a home.
The Community Heroes Grant assists homebuyers in accessing funds for the down payment, closing costs, incurred when purchasing a home. $8,000 in grants available ($6,000 from VHDA and $2,000 from FHLB) to qualified borrowers that meet product and income eligibility requirements, and are first-time homebuyers.
- Grant is available to VHDA FNMA or VHDA FHA borrowers.
- Borrowers must meet income limits within the range of 80.01% to 120% of Area Median Income
- Borrowers must contribute 1% of the purchase price into the transaction
- Property must be a primary residence in Virginia
- VHDA Homebuyer Education is required
The information contained herein (including but not limited to any description of lending programs and products, eligibility criteria, interest rates, fees and all other loan terms) is subject to change without notice. This is not a commitment to lend.
< Go Back